about

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Big blue

Apparently there is a level of rowdiness that goes on in our house that I'm not aware of on a daily basis.  I am reminded of this on nights like tonight. When my kids are happily playing with a boy from Adi's class and then suddenly that boy is crying and hurt and my kids are just staring, wondering why the game ended. 
Of course, when asked to apologize, they both argued that it wasn't their fault. I realized at that moment that they were kind of right. Neither of them had any idea that a full body slam into a steamroll over the fallen body  constituted as anything but fun.
What went wrong in the last 1.5 years? Where did I mess up?  This then had me recapping the time when Adi, out of pure excitement, punched Belay in the head.  Then the time Belay punted his cousin's cat across the kitchen out of pure joy. And lets not leave out the head lock where Adi was about 3 seconds away from sending her brother to the emergency room or the black eye Adi sported for a while for reasons I can't even remember except I am sure they had to do with a short guy with curly brown hair. 
And so goes daily life in Big Blue.

                          Speaking of life in Big Blue, here are some oldies but goodies.
                                   "We're the three best friends that any guy could have"
                                     
                                         A little tea, a little swimming.

                                      
                                     A huge pile of laundry to fold. I loath folding laundry.

The amazing new washer and dryer we bought when we moved that does NOT fold that giant load of laundry. But seriously, for the $$ these girls cost it would have been a nice feature.

                                                        Breakfast with a fall crown.
Quick story about the crowns... I forced Adi to stay home with me one day, just me and her, because I miss her so much. That fateful day happened to be the day where the class made "fall crowns". Yes, I forced my daughter, lover of all things crafty, projecty, and involving crowns, to stay home that day.  While her sweet teachers promised to make one with her, she couldn't bare to go another day without one.  One night after school we marched around the block collecting leaves and shoving them into a purse. We then stayed up way to late dumping glitter and gluing pompoms and dried leaves.  They were a hit.  So much that Adi "shared" her crown and the story of making them every day for a week during sharing time 
My "fall" mantle. Is it wrong that I bought fake pumpkins cause I'm sick of them rotting by mid October? Don't worry we brought home a slew of real ones from the schools pumpkin patch fundraiser yesterday.


                                               view from living room to kitchen
                                                   from stairs into living room
                                                           front porch

                                      Kick ass fence Andy build and the front yard.

The rest of the house is still a work in progress. Obviously since its only been 3 months since we moved. Actually its killing me a little on the inside each day that the coats still don't have a home and our "office" is more like a storage unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment