about

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This is my life

One is sick, one got shots, none of us slept much last night. It was a hard day. Might I quickly add that the one that got shots has spent the rest of the day limping around with a huge pouty face and acting like his legs might actually fall off.  After the previous day of tantrums, timeouts, and higher than normal voice volume, I felt sorry enough and let him lay on my lap all afternoon with a bottle.
Now, onto the one that is sick. First mind you that she was not sick enough to say no to a quick jaunt down the the nature center( an animal rescue center/zoo of sorts for our small town which happens to be the only thing within walking distance of our house.)

**********

Their favorite thing to do at the Nature Center is to play in this little log cabin. I don't blame them.  I like to sit and imagine what life was like a century and half ago.  Today, Adi found a spot by one of the big open windows in the cabin which over looked the sheep and goats. When I glanced in to check on her she was perched up at the window, bent arm with a small fist tucked under her chin, gazing out to the sheep and goats. When I asked her what she was doing she said " this is my life mama" with a huge smile on her face. Can a 2 yr old be that deep? does she wanna be a farmer when she grows up? is she a farmer now?" I'm kicking myself that I didn't snap a photo but without the camera my only option was my phone camera and obviously I was to busy gabbing on it to take one.

No comments:

Post a Comment