about

Sunday, February 21, 2010

felt like spring today

           but I know its just a tease.After this winter I'm happy to have the tease. We went for a walk to the park and played hard once we got there. Then on the way home we stopped to see the goats and sheep at the nature center. I even lay(sorry dad, I still don't know the proper way to conjugate that word)  in the hammock. We went to see grampa yesterday. His health has diminished significantly in the last few week.  He was sitting in a chair though, which surprised me. Gramma is all moved into her new apartment which is at least a relief for mom.  They were about to move here before grampa got so sick, and I was looking forward to being a part of their care taking.  I know it is better that they are by mom because she can be with them 100% and I couldn't.  But in what may be his last few weeks I really wish he was here.  I don't know if I should rush down to see him every chance I have or not.  Adi is my first priority for now and I'm thankful mom and dad are with them.

Adi has had pneumonia all week.  Andy's wonderful boss has been out of town for the last two weeks leaving him in charge.(so he couldn't take any time off to hang with the sick kid).  And if I'm gonna try and go to Ethiopia before I graduate then I can't take any time off from school. Preschool doesn't like a kid with pneumonia. Friends with kids don't want a kid with pneumonia at there house. Gramma's were out of town. So it was a hard few weeks. I kinda feel like I'm drowning.  All the while in the back of my head all I can think about is this court date on wed and how and when are we traveling. And how are we going to pull this off.

We planned the best we could for our second baby.  When it comes to kids in general, planning doesn't work.  We knew we wanted them close in age, but also knew I had to finish school. And I wanted to be somewhat distracted by this processes.  I knew if i was just hanging with Ads all day then it would take forever to get Bay home. So, yes, this was all part of the plan. But I am STILL DROWNING.  Just hoping to catch my breath in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment