about

Friday, April 2, 2010

2 weeks

Plane tickets were bought this morning. Andy, Adi and I will be flying off to pick up our son and brother in exactly 2 week. Wow, this was unexpected. There is still a very small chance we have to wait until may, but we wont know until next week and we couldn't buy tickets 1 week before departure. If we must, we will change tickets, but I don't think we will have to.
The last few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotion and tons of stress.I have been interning as my final nursing clinical at a pediatric cancer center, which I loved, but it took a lot out of me. On Wed night we realized that we actually may be traveling much sooner.  Of course, since I am married to Andy, we had nothing planned and the days leading up to this were filled with "Oh, don't worry, it'll all work out" or " we'll deal with that when the time comes"...well the time came and we aren't ready.
I have spent the last few days researching flights, guest houses, packing lists of previous families, vaccines, hours on phone with pediatricians and health dept, all the while trying to finesh up with my sick kids.  I have to go back to school for one more month to finish up and take a few tests. There were a few days where I thought, no way can I do this and travel. But people, many whom barely know me, have all pulled through and it is working out. I'm taking a few tests early, attempting to study on the plane and any down time when kiddos may be sleeping.  My mom and mother in law will be here to help us when we get back, so I can just go to class and study and not worry about too much else (not that that will be easy, once a mom always a mom, even if grammas are in the house).I spent hours at target buying over the counter meds to bring with, everything I could think of from allergy to gas to sleeping aids. Adi got the special back pack she has been begging for for months (its a dora one that you can pull, with the handle and wheels) that she can fill full of toys for the plane. We bought bottles.( when we got home Adi opened them up and wanted to bring them into her sandbox and when I told her that was not a great idea, it ended ugly)
Luckly this week is spring break for both Andy and I so we can do work/study and pack all week.
I can't really believe this is all happening, but I couldn't be happier.( I can say that now that Ive stopped hyperventilating and worrying all night long)

1 comment:

  1. Jane ~ I'm so excited for you, & it sounds like you've kicked into multi-tasking mode quite nicely! Keep it up...you can do it!! :o)

    ReplyDelete