I guess this is as good a time as ever to update. We are in atlanta, waiting to hear news on whether or not our flight will be canceled tonight. We drove here last night with the intention of being rested and let Adi play all day before we boarded the flight(as oppsed to driving 3.5 hr then getting right on the 24 hrs of flying).
Once we got into our room and connected to the internet we started seeing all the delays and canceltions due to the volcano that irrupted in Iceland 2 days ago. The volcano's ash blew all over nothern europe, causing thousands of cancelations.
So we wait. again. At least for now we are still in the hotel, which for some reason Adi thinks is amazing. Maybe becasue, as she pointed out, there is and "office"(the desk), a couch, a table, and a bed all in one room. Or maybe because she got to sleep in bed with mom and dad, or because she got to watch cartoons in the morning. Anyways, she is still happy.
As of now our flight is still not cancelled, but I have the feeling they will wait till the last minute to cancel, which will involve us sitting, with all our luggage at the check in part of the airport, waiting.
If it is canceled, we hope to get on a flight asap, which may be monday night. We just need to get there by tues evening, to make it to embassy on wed. There are 6 (I think)other families traveling, and so far only 2 others are in our boat. But one lucky family is in Germany, enjoying a mini vacation on airline vouchers, while they wait(Melanie, we are jealous of you guys:) All we have is the beauty of Atlanta. At least if we make it to Amsterdam, we can see some sites there for a while.
So stay tuned and see how it all folds out....